3.01.2009

DIY Centerpieces- Part III

I continued to search for ideas on creating an alternative to the traditional fresh-floral centerpiece. As you might remember, I drooled over succulents and day dreamed about candles, but then, I came across this:

source

Oh Martha, you make me *swoon*. Dried florals were the perfect alternative centerpieces for our fall wedding. From this point on, I had visions of bouquets of wheat sitting pretty on table tops.

source

source

source


Sigh. Now that I had found my fresh-floral alternative, I wanted to customize it a bit by incorporating our wedding colors. So, I decided to create centerpieces that included vases of wheat/dried florals with accents of purples/blues/browns, accompanied by votive candles- ensuring that the dried stuff and the fire remained away from each other :) I was also determined to create two different centerpieces and then alternate them between tables. Before we had finalized our guest lists, I knew we would need at least 25 tables. So, I limited my budget for decoration to $15/table. Could this be done? It was a bit overwhelming thinking of it all at once. However, diy decor was a high priority on my to-do list, I knew that I would complete it somehow. So what exactly do the centerpieces look like you ask? Well,, that will have to wait for the next post. Did you diy your centerpieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment