2.21.2009

DIY Centerpieces- Part II

As I continued to look for fresh floral alternatives, I came across an obvious solution: candles. I love candles. And scented candles can be a substitute for the aroma produced by fresh flowers. I mention this, because my mom (who was a tad disappointed when I mentioned I didn't want to use fresh flowers) stated that she is always reminded of my Aunt's wedding when she smells chrysanthemums, which were used at her wedding. I hadn't thought of that before, but I really liked the idea of associating a smell with our wedding day. So, here are some images I found inspiring:

Cylindrical candles of varying heights provide an elegant look.
source

Love the way simple white candles look on a mirror.
source

Candles on a cupcake stand. Genius.
source

Glass candle pillars of different shapes and sizes.
source

Winter wonderland (w/ candle by CariKraft).
source

Floating candles are simple and look amazing.
source

Most venues have rules regarding candle use- so you might want to check on what they are before investing time and money on candles (although an alternative to this is led candles, they are more expensive). Are you using candle centerpieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment