3.19.2009

Dressing my 'Maids

When we got engaged, I didn't have any interest in a bridal party. The only two people that I really wanted with us on "the day" were my sister and X's brother. Choosing 8 other people to join our bridal party was really a compromise I made specifically for my mother :) (I should note that the people who are standing with us are very important to us and we are honored by their presence, but originally I didn't see the point of a bridal party). So.... after we decided on having a bridal party, I started thinking about what the girls would wear. Black was an ideal choice, but it didn't seem to mesh with our color scheme. That's when I started searching for purple dresses... but not just any purple, I wanted a deep, dark purple. Even though our wedding was more than a year away, I started searching online for b.m. dresses last fall (seeing that purple was a very popular fall color... I was worried that finding a purple dress in the spring or summer would be difficult, if not impossible). I did look at the bridal store I purchased my dress from, but I didn't really like styles that they had available. So I looked to other stores (Anthropologie, Nordstrom's- I am talking to you) for some help. I guess I should also mention that I wanted to keep the dress budget under $150 for the girls, since they would be purchasing their own dresses. Finally, Nordstrom's came through and I found *the* bridesmaid dress (and shown in action with the wedding "vision"):




**I am so glad that I bought all the girls' dresses when I did, because they are now out of this style.

This dress was everything I had hoped it to be: comfortable, a nice fit for all sizes, re-wearable, dark purple, affordable.

Similar dresses that are very lovely (ahem, some quite a bit more than my budget):

source

source

source

source

source

source

source

How did you decide on your bridesmaid dresses? Can they be worn again?

No comments:

Post a Comment