8.28.2009

The Hair: Part 2

I went in for a second trial and Jeanie was as lovely as ever.  On the actual day of, the curls will be set longer so that everything doesn't just fall out as soon as I take my hair down (which was kind of the case after the trial... well that and Texas weather).  Please note, it is really hard to take pictures of the back of your own head.



I'm going to play around with it a bit between now and the wedding to figure out if I want it all down or if I want some up/ some down.  (I figured I could just throw in some curlers and try out a few different styles... it won't be perfect, but it's better than paying for a third hair trial).  Jeanie also suggested that if I decide to trim my hair between now and then, to also add in more layers because it will accentuate the curls.

Remember that hair piece I was going to work on?  This is what it looks like (hmmm, that pomander looks familiar:)):



It's actually a flower-type fabric thing connected to a really cheap headband.  I'll post a tutorial about it soon, promise!  In the meantime, you can visit this tutorial by Heart of Light, my inspiration!  Although I love the headband, and the fact that it will keep my hair out of my face, I'm concerned that it will be too much with the bolero I plan on wearing and my chunky necklace.  And , I just realized I never posted about it so here you go:


I ordered it from Etsy seller Pendred Keller and I luuuurve it.  Alot.  I can really see myself wearing it after the wedding- yay!  Here's a close up (please excuse my skin imperfections):


I think I'm becoming obsessed with all things purple.

If I don't end up wearing both at the reception.  I will end up wearing them for our day-after photo shoot (which I decided to do instead of bridals).  I think it would look cute if I wore the headband with my hair up in a bun.... sort of like this.

So what do you think, are both items too much?  Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out their accessories?

No comments:

Post a Comment