4.30.2009

Napkin Quilt

I love fabric, thread, sewing... of course you already know that from this post. And because of this, I follow quite a few sewing & fabric blogs. Several months ago, I came across this beauty:





Yum. The quilt is from a pattern in Joelle Hoverson's book: Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts. It was created from cloth napkins Jen sewed for her beautiful outdoor wedding. If it looks familiar, her wedding was featured Winter '09 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings (and it is blogged about here).

As soon as I saw this, I knew I wanted to use this in our wedding. As crazy as I may be for sewing 200+ napkins... I love this idea. If our guests don't end up taking them home, I know they will be put to good use in our home as napkins (it's eco-friendly :) ) or re-purposed into a wedding quilt like Jen. I am still debating on what pattern I want to use for the napkins (there are lots of tutorials out there which I will be sure to post), so I haven't started sewing them yet. I have already bought the fabric though... so you can be rest assured that part II of this post is soon to come!
Are you renting, buying, or making your napkins? Will they be eco-friendly?

No comments:

Post a Comment