4.22.2009

A Bridal Tea Party

This past weekend, my FMIL threw me a "tea party" themed bridal shower at Green Pastures, a local restaurant in Austin.





The area surrounding Green Pastures is covered in greenery and there are even peacocks on the lawn. It also serves as a very popular wedding venue, and on the day of my shower, a couple had just been married and was on their way to the reception when we arrived.

The shower took place in the "Music Room" in which a very old piano lived.

The "spread" included a variety of teas, finger sandwiches, cookies, scones, and madelines.


I had so much fun trying out the different teas and chatting with the guests. The whole event lasted about 2.5 hours. I didn't open gifts (as is customary at most showers?) in front of the guests, which eased a lot of anxiety that I had been feeling leading up to the event. Unfortunately several guests were not able to make it.. the thunderstorms from the previous day and early morning caused travel problems for a lot of people.

FMIL, me, Mama Beagle

Aren't my mothers so beautiful? :) I wish I would have taken more pictures with the guests, but I didn't think of it until after the fact.

In addition to the gift bags I made for guests, FMIL Beagle gave out gifts to all the guests. What could be more appropriate for a tea party?


She had been collecting tea cups and saucers over the months prior to the shower from thrift stores, and she even picked some up during her trip to England last fall. All the sets were so unique and I think all the guests really liked them.

And even though I told my mother not to bring a gift, she did anyways. This was waiting on my doorstep when I arrived home from work one evening:

Wanna see what it is?

Can you guess?

*swoon* I never knew it was possible to feel this way about dishes. :)

Have you had a bridal shower? Was it themed?

1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this information about this bridal tea party. Last month, arranged bridal shower party at a graceful event venue Chicago. Hired a party caterer too who made good food for the event and everyone loved it a lot.

    ReplyDelete