6.22.2009

The Aftermath

Lately, I've been thinking about what my life will be like post-wedding. Like many of you out there, this wedding has become my baby. I spend so much time thinking about it, molding it, perfecting it,... it's hard separating myself from it. And often when I'm not physically working on it, my mind is turning over new ideas for it.
As we near the four month mark at the Beagle house, I'm realizing that this whole post wedding depression that was once looming in the distance is speeding toward me like a bullet. Will I continue to get my daily fix of wedding blogs after the big day? How much will I miss all the projects I'm constantly working on? Even though sometimes I just want to get the wedding over, I know that deep down, I have thoroughly enjoyed this process in my life and will sorely miss it once it's gone.
To prevent being overwhelmed with change, I've started to plan out map out my married life. With the wedding said and done, I'll be able to spend more time with my new family (Mr. Beagle & Kingsley dog). No longer will weekends be filled with project deadlines and we will be able to enjoy the outdoor spaces in Austin with our hound (which I know he will enjoy). We can plan out vacations with the $$ that has previously been diverted to wedding expenses and start get back to doing weekly projects around the house. I can focus on career goals I've been avoiding since getting engaged and there is always the possibility of expanding my crafting to a side business on Etsy. The more I think about it, the more I have to look forward to.
What will your life be like after the wedding? How do you plan on dealing with PWD (post wedding depression)?

No comments:

Post a Comment