10.05.2009

It's Really Happening

Hi, I'm Miss Beagle.  I used to blog here more frequently, but recently I find that I am swamped with starting last minute projects and wrapping up projects that I started a long time ago. All the cute posts full of DIY tutorials and pictures (um, like of my invitations that I've been meaning to post for the last two weeks!!!....) seem to keep getting pushed back.  I will try my hardest to get some of these posts out before our wedding day and sorry for the delay!

So, now that I've got the apology out of the way, I can move on to discuss the topic of this post.  This past weekend, I had my final bridal shower.  It was a little bittersweet because we had originally rescheduled it to October in hopes that my mom might be able to attend.  This weekend also marked another milestone- her birthday.  It was a point that was once looming in the future and has suddenly come and past.  I now have three weeks 'til the big day and it's finally starting to feel real.  I'm feeling a mixture of emotions:  nervous, anxious, excited, sad, and definitely ready to marry Mr. Beagle.     

Even though it still feels like I have so much to do in the next three weeks, I know that they are really going to fly by.  I'm trying to prepare myself for the timewarp that will happen on our wedding day by feeling out every single emotion that has suddenly surfaced and savoring every moment-good or bad- because this is only going to happen once.  While before I was wishing the engagement to quickly transform into marriage, I now find myself sad to see it coming to an end. I'm realizing that in three weeks, I will no longer be planning this wedding, stressed out by insignificant details, spend weekends holed up in my craft room to work on wedding projects.

The last two weeks have been a little rough around the Beagle house as we've been scrambling to finalized decisions.  I'll admit that there have been a few times when I have started some arguments and picked a few fights because the stress level is really up there and my emotions seem to be flying all over the place.  I've had to step back, consider my actions, remember the purpose- the central point- of all the planning, take a deep breath, apologize, and carry on.  Our marriage is the central point, and by coming back to that, our problems seem to work themselves out.  Maybe now because I'm aware of it, or maybe I'm looking for it, I seem to find signs, constant reminders, to come back to "our marriage" when I feel lost, stressed, anxious, nervous, sad, and even excited.  Because in three weeks, it will be real- and I can't wait.

Was there a specific point that the wedding & marriage started to feel real to you?  How have you dealt with the stress of planning in your relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment