10.28.2010

An Autumn Affair: We Do


After our Pastor finished his message, Mr. Beagle's cousin serenaded everyone with a song, "The Prayer".


Yet another reason I wish I had a recording of our ceremony.  Charlotte Church is great, but cousin Beagle was better.

All right everyone, I have a confession.  I've delayed posting more recaps because, *gulp* I don't remember our vows.  Apparently my husband doesn't either, so I don't feel as bad as I did originally.  But really, I feel very, very sad about this. 

We think they were very similar to this:

Miss Beagle/Mr. Beagle, I take you to be my wife/husband, and these things I promise you:
I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help and care for you;


I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven;


and I will try with you better to understand ourselves, the world, and God; through the best and the worst of what is to come as long as we live.

And then it was time for the rings.

Prior to handing Mr. Beagle my ring, our Pastor decided to interject a quick description of it, saying that it looked beautiful and that everyone should ask me to see it.

Miss Beagle, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all
that I have, I honor you.


Again, our Pastor included a brief description of Mr. Beagle's ring before handing it to me.  He said it was nice, but didn't look quite as valuable as my ring.  But everyone should still ask him to see his ring too.

Hehe.


Mr. Beagle, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all
that I have, I honor you.


Husband. Wife. 

There was one last part left of our ceremony, before we were declared officially official.

*A|LCollective were the ladies snapping away during our ceremony.

Here's how we arrived at this point:
  • We rehearsed.
  • My hair was done, my face got painted, and I arrived at the church.
  • The guys got pinned and had their picture taken.
  • I transformed into a bride.
  • Our ceremony procession began and I found my dad.
  • I walked down the aisle and Mr. Beagle finally saw my dress.
  • We listened to some readings and a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment