7.22.2009

Bridal Blues

I've talked about my fear of PWD and how I plan on handling that bump in the road when I get there. However, recently, I've been experiencing feelings I hadn't expected. In a nutshell, I've been feeling really down about the wedding. I know some of it (okay, a lot of it) must come from my mom's passing, but I think there are other factors also.

Mr. Beagle and I will have been engaged for 16 months when we get married in October. When I first started planning, I wanted a longer engagement to prevent getting over stressed and overwhelmed. In many ways, it's been nice planning at leisure, but it's starting to get old. Really old. The excitement I first felt about many of my projects is gone. The thought of having to entertain people in three months is daunting. I want it to be over. Now.

I've officially reached a point where I am burnt out (and could really use a nice, relaxing vacation *hint, hint, Mr. Beagle*). I'm starting to understand just how important that honeymoon or minimoon is after you get married. You need a break to recover, just breath, and not think about anything wedding related. I think reflection is good, but there definitely needs to be some down time in between.

This brings me to my last thought: I love being creative. The whole reason behind all the DIY projects was because I truly enjoyed it at one point. I want to get back to that point, desperately. And not just because I have a looming deadline. :) I have big plans for this weekend that involve good music, some NPR podcasts, maybe a little Harry Potter, and crafts, crafts, and more crafts. Stay tuned for more wedding projects coming your way!

Have you hit a wall in your planning? How did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment