12.17.2009

Last Minute Project: Bathroom Basket(s)

When I first saw our venue, I knew I wanted to include a cute basket full of goodies in the women's restroom.  Women are pretty easy to figure out as far as needs go:



I ended up finding some cute baskets on sale (for half off!) at JoAnns.  The cloth covering inside the basket was originally beige and of course I just had to dye it purple- I used Rit dye and followed the instructions on the back of the box.  To get the purple color shown, I mixed one part purple dye and one part black dye.  It looks lovely, I think.  I attached a small tag on one end that encouraged guests to use the items, neatly arranged all the items, and I was done (quick and easy).
As far as the goodies go, I included a few packages of gum, mouthwash, dental floss, hair ties, a tide pen (a serious life saver for me), tums, tampons, deodorant, ibuprofen, oil absorbing sheets, and hand sanitizer.  I also picked up two bottles of lotion at Bath & Body Works while it was on sale one day- Cherry Blossom (which I loooovve) & (I think) Sea Island Cotton.  At the end of the night, most of the products were used so it was a project that was totally worth it.

I really didn't think the men would enjoy such a basket in their restroom, so I left this instead:



Tums, ibuprofen, mouthwash and gum.... and three containers ($4 each at Target) of mints, lifesavers, and starbursts. This was a big hit among the men (seriously, I got so many comments about "the candy in the bathroom") and a good male alternative (IMO) to standard bathroom basket.
Overall, the project cost was around $50 (this includes the containers, 2 baskets (since I originally thought I would put one in each restroom and then changed my mind), two boxes of dye, and all of the medical/dental/beauty/food supplies).
Are you including any little "extras" for your guests at your reception?

No comments:

Post a Comment