11.19.2009

A Moment of Weakness

After I got married, I assumed I would give up my obsession with wedding blogs.  Even in the weeks leading up to our wedding I refused to look at wedding inpiration sites because 1) I had no time or, more importantly, 2) I was fearful I would end up seeing some detail or project that I would fall in love with and need to incorporate into our event or, even worse, 3) that I would see a gorgeous wedding and then regret the entire theme of our wedding and proceed to sulk.
Last week, after seeing our wedding pictures for the first time, I let down my guard and revisited the wedding sites whose posts had piled up in my Google Reader.  I immediately regretted it.  The wonderful memories for our wedding day were clouded by so many things I wish I had done.  I wish we had taken more pictures with our wedding party, I wish I had remembered to bring our invitations to be photographed, I  wish we had hired a videographer, I wish I had made enough time to make signs for our chairs, I may have even started regretting not having a bouquet of real flowers, and the list could go on and on.
I really felt bad about it for about two days, but then I remembered that we had a pretty good day.  If  anything did not go according to plan, we were oblivious to it.  After the ceremony, I felt complete happiness- a feeling I never expected.  (I mean I figured I would be happy, but not that happy, right?)  And best of all, Mr. Beagle and I are now married and it is better than I ever imagined.  It definately feels different- a very, very good different.
It seems strange to me that so much time and planning go into one day that lasts a total of 6 or 7 hours and then it's over in what feels like a few seconds.  I can't wrap my head around that just yet.  I'm just trying to remember our day, one moment at a time, so that I don't forget what a wonderful day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment